Sunday, September 30, 2007

This Way to Providence

Pictures? They are sometimes better than words. At least, that's what I'm going to assume for now, for tonight, for this magical moment when I have so much to say and yet am thwarted by that adversary called "work that needs to be done sooner than never."


But first, a quick preface. This weekend, I visited Providence, Rhode Island, for the first time in my life, and loved it a lot. The nice thing about Providence is that distills my favorite aspects of Boston and Cambridge into a beautiful, meandering, compact town. There are cafes. There are bookstores. There are stores of miscellany, old and new, and bright clapboard buildings lining wide-sidewalked streets. It is a sweet shadow world, just an hour and a half away by commuter rail.

I have a feeling you should think about visiting, sometime.

No comments: