Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ultimately, In Rainbows

I'm not sure how I messed this one up, but when Radiohead released their new album for pay-what-you-like download about a month ago, I somehow failed to get a pre-order code...or something? I just remember clicking and prodding at their psychedelic In Rainbows website on October 10, and being prompted to provide a code that I did not have. So I clicked some more. And prodded. And then, eventually, gave up.

AND THEN WAITED A WHOLE MONTH TO TRY AGAIN?


That's a pretty nonsensical logical leap, right there.

However, I am happy to report that, having finally downloaded the tracks, I'm floored. This is the music I was missing. I especially love "Reckoning," but really, all the tracks are fantastic. Considering that in the past month it's come to light that hey, maybe Radiohead WAS planning on eventually profiting from this album, I thought I'd take my ridiculous belatedness as an opportunity to say:

This music is wonderful.
And that's worth remembering.

No comments: